Monday, February 7, 2011

Top ten tuesday

Top ten is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks top ten is "top ten Character names I'd name my child after."

ohhh this one was fun. I'm just nerdy enough that all my future kids will probably be named after book characters. These are in no order, just the names I thought of first.

1. Alice from Alice in Wonderland:
I'm obsessed with AIW and always have been. My room is decorated in AIW theme, I have lots of figurines, stuffed animals, and even a tattoo all of which are AIW. So naming my future daughter Alice would be perfect. Only problem is that there are now lots of Alice's due to Twilight.

2. Kisten from The Hollows:
This one really isn't about the character but just his name. I have fallen in love with this name, even if everyone I know makes a face every time I say it. Whatever, it's cool.

3. Evie from Paranormalcy:
I do love this name. Normally I'm not a huge fan of shorter names like this, but this one is fun. Plus then I could say it like Wall-e says "eva." I do love to do that.

4. Jacob Serious:
lol this is only if I marry a guy with the last name "Black." Yeah, I'm that awesome. haha.

5. Claire from Morganville Vampires:
Claire is such a pretty name. Plus this character is smart. Like Hermione smart. It just makes the name even cooler.

6. Isobelle from Mortal Instruments:
Okay, this one I wouldn't name my daughter after, but I did name my dog this. We call her Izzy.

7. Dimitri from Vampire Academy:
It's cool sounding. I wouldn't name my kid Dimitri just because Dimitri is a big bag of eye candy in the books.

8. Jace from Mortal Instruments:
No, his name would not be Jonathan. It would just be Jace.

9. Hermione from Harry Potter:
If anyone called her "Hermy" I think I would cry. This is one of the only reasons I wouldn't want to name my daughter that. We would probably call her "Ninny."

10. Adrian from Vampire Academy:
This name I like because of that Jewel song, "Adrian." That song always makes me cry when I listen to it.

There are lots of names I really like, such as Roxanne, Jocelyn, and Elijah, but I couldn't think of any books that had those names in it. At least none that I have read.

10 comments:

  1. See I would of said Adrian and Dimitri too, but I figured one VA Character was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, and Hermione would be on mine if it were a top 20- it almost made the top 10 but there's so many names I love. Jace is also a favorite, but I went with Clary. I've not heard of Kisten, but I like the way it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I like the name Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Claire is a great name. I just came across Jace today and it's already growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elijah is a beautiful name, I wish that someone would write a book about an Elijah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How in the world did I miss Alice????
    Great list!

    Also, Elijah and Claire and Adrian are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was struggling to find a book to fit Elijah in my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isobelle is such a lovely name, and I've always liked the name Dimitri. :) Reminds me of either a lord or perhaps a singer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I've also thought about naming my kid after a Potter character but my kid might not be appreciate being named Draco. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.