Monday, February 14, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite Love Stories

Top ten tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Honestly, top ten tuesday is my all time favorite meme. I love lists and the topics they pick are always fun.

This weeks is Top Ten Favorite Love Stories. Since a lot of us are writing this post on Valentines day, it seems very appropriate :)

These are in no particular order.

1. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons:
This is a series that will forever stick with me. Seeing as how the first book itself is over 900 pages long, you really get to know and love these characters. All the stuff Alexander and Tatiana have to go through to be together. Ack! Truly amazing.

2. Romeo and Juliet:
This one is a given most of the time. I'm a sucker for forbidden romance and this is the original forbidden romance.

3. Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning:
lol if anyone has read this book, I think they know why I love it. As my friend Lesa put it, "you said there was a lot of sex in this book, but you didn't tell me there would be 3 sex scenes in the first 5 chapters!" For it having that much sex in it, it had some truly great characters that you end up really caring about. It wasn't just all sex.

4. Harry Potter:
This is a love story of sorts. You do get love stories in it of all different types. Love for friends, love for parents, for school, for life. For pretty much everything.

5. Paper Towns by John Green:
I just read this this weekend and fell madly in love with it. How the main guy is trying to get to truly know the girl he loves and not just how he wants to see her, but how she really is. Fantastic.

6. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer:
While I'm burned out on Twilight right now (even though my blog background would say otherwise) I did adore this love story so much I read the whole series 5 times in a year. Twilight has always been more about how I feel when I'm reading it than the plot itself.

7. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein:
Also a different type of love story. This is the story of how much a dog and his owner love and need each other. Very, very unique story that will make you cry your eyes out. One of my all time favorites.

8. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater:
Sam and Grace are just such a cute couple. They are perfect for each other. I love it.

9. Gone with the Wind:
I'm kinda cheating on this one cause I've never actually read the book, but I did just rewatched the movie this weekend so I've been thinking a lot about it. I love Scarlet's and Rhett's relationship cause it's so messed up and they are so perfect for each other. Plus, one of my favorite quotes is "you should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how."

10. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa:
One word: Ash.

11. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
I had to add number 11 cause this book could not be left out. If you've read this book, you understand why, and if you haven't read this book, get off the internet and go READ THIS BOOK!

13 comments:

  1. I am impressed by how often people are thinking outside the box and listening books like Harry Potter and The Giving Tree as love stories. They truly are, but I only thought of romances when doing mine.

    Romeo and Juliet are surprisingly scarce this week! I included them as well, but almost didn't because I figured they'd be overly common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts to your picks. And now excuse me: It seems that I have to get off the internet and read a certain book.. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ash, too!! The Bronze Horseman has been on my TBR list at the library forever. I need to read it! Here's my List. It's my first time participating and I just threw it together so I didn't have time to elaborate. Next time I will :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with "Shiver" and "Anna and the French Kiss" both great titles! I've yet to meet Ash from Iron King series, but I hope to correct that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the GWTW quote. I also chose several relationships from Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to read Gone with the Wind some day! It is every bit as good as the movie and then some. I have had The Bronze Horseman on my shelf for about a year and haven't read it yet. I think I'll have to give it a go this year since I've heard great things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-10-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had Shiver too :) Really love Sam & Grace. I also am pretty fond of Ash from the Iron Fey series. Love your list

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that everyone needs to read Anna and the French Kiss.

    And Harry Potter has so much love -- it's pretty much the entire reason for the series, isn't it? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you enjoyed the movie Gone with the Wind, you will enjoy the book even more :) What a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Backstage Pass! But I think Rock Hard is a bit better (and I hateee Sed)! Anna and the French Kiss was another amazing read. I find myself craving to read it over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Usually I don't gush on blogs that include my novel on a list. But when I'm included on a list with Gone with the Wind, Romeo and Juliet, Harry Potter and Twilight? OMG, THANK YOU!

    And Marie doesn't really hate Sed. Nope. I'm not buying it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.