Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book breakup #3-- Blue Bloods

There are some book series that start out really good, and then just go to complete crap, OR you just stop caring about them. Sometimes you stick it out and finish the series or other times you just have to give up. Break up with the series. I unfortunately have had to do that a few times in the past year or two. First it was with the Evermore series by Allyson Noel, then it was the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charline Harris. Now it's ...

Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
published by Hyperion
Genre: YA

This was a series I never got into fully. My friend was obsessed with these books and told me I HAD to read them. So I read the first three (cause that is what was out when I started) and got through them in a month or so. They were good, but nothing fantastic. I didn't like how every chapter was from someone else's POV. When I would finally start getting into one of the characters story, the chapter would end and I knew I would have to read through two other characters chapters before I got back to the one I was interested in. I didn't like a lot of the characters, and the main one I liked? Yeah, he was killed off. That did it for me, I was done. No more. I tried giving this series a shot and at times I got really into it, but I dunno, it just wasn't something I loved.

So me and this series have decided to officially break up. It just didn't work out between us. Oh, plus there is going to be 10 of these books, with one coming out each year. I'm not willing to wait for them either.


2 comments:

  1. lol. well i agree with you with Sookie. I "broke up" with the whole gang after book 9. Sookie's "definitely dead" to me. for the blue boods series, i only read the first book and like you, i didn't like the writing style of it. I didn't like reading pov of all the characters there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely broke up with the Sookie books too. Whew - thought I was the only one! I actually hopped over from FF but saw this post and had to read it too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.