Monday, February 21, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Book to movies

Top ten tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks top ten is: TOP TEN BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATIONS!!!

Because I'm in the middle of moving and all my movies are in boxes right now, this was a little hard. I didn't have all my movies to look at to help remind me!
These are in no particular order.

Movies that are better than the book:

1. Who Censored Roger Rabbit by Gary K. Wolf:
Who Frammed Roger Rabbit is my all time favorite movie and has been since I was about five. A few years ago I read the book and it was not nearly as good as the movie. It is one of those rare movies that is better than the book.

2. I Am Number Four by Patticus Lore:
I couldn't even finish this book. It was so choppy and the writing was very unimaginative and nondiscriptive. Yet I adored the movie. Could it be because Alex Pettyfer is shirtless during a good portion of the movie? Possibly. Could it be because one of the kids I took to see the movie said "I see his nipple!!" really loud at one point? Possibly.

3. Must Love Dogs by Claire Cook:
I love this movie cause it's John Cusack (<3) and Diane Lane. Plus it's about love, and dogs. I like it so much I stole the name of it for my blog. hahah.

4. Fellowship of the Ring by JRR Tolkien:
My dad would disown me if he saw this (he's a huge LOTR fan. My sister's name is Arwen). I tried reading the books after the movies came out cause my house was going LOTR crazy. Honestly, the book bored me to tears. And they sing in it! Ack! I gave up on the books. I'll read these the day my dad admits Harry Potter is better.

5.Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes:
This one I'm sort of cheating by adding because I didn't read the book. My mother did and told me what happens. It's not nearly as good as the movie but that is because the movie is AMAZING!

Books that are better than the movies:

6. All of the Harry Potter books:
I love the movies, I really do, but the books are the best. Hands down.

7. All of the Twilight books:
While I do love Taylor's abs and Rob's hair, the books are still better.

8. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief:
Okay, this one is about 50/50 for me because I honestly adore this movie. The books had more to them and were a lot different, but the movie had Logan Lerman in it...

9. Marley and Me by John Grogan:
Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston were bad cast picks. The movie didn't have the same feel as the book at all.

10. Alice in Wonderland:
I have seen about 6 different versions of this movie (the Disney one being the best) and I guess when it comes to the Disney version and the book, it is a die to which one is better. It also depends on which version of the book you are reading because there are so many edited versions out there.

6 comments:

  1. Great list- and I totally agree with you on the LoTR movies *cringes and waits for inevitable attack by rabid LoTR fanboys*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that Under the Tuscan Sun the movie is better than the book. I was a bit bored with the book :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree the Alice in Wonderland book is better. I found the newest movie version to be kind of odd (even though I love Johnny Depp).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Must Love Dogs and Under the Tuscan Sun! Great list!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your list was broke in half. I've been hearing a lot about I Am Number Four but I think it's mostly the movie. Didn't know Must Love Dogs was a book either and I haven't read Under the Tuscan Sun but the movie is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read Under the Tuscan Sun and have seen the movie...both are good but the movie is much better as far as the "story" goes...I've watched it over and over. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.