Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Help! Book Recommendations!

One of my good friends and I made a bet tonight. Who can get to 125 by the end of the year? Him watching new movies (new to him) and me reading books.

So far, I'm behind. I should be reading at least 10 books a month and so far I'm on book 10 for the whole year (yes, way behind.) I seem to be in a book slump. I tried reading 13 little blue envelopes and it wasn't catching my attention. Then I tried reading I am Number Four and that didn't work. Then I started reading Entice and that too is not working out.

So here is my question: what book should I read? I need a really good book to get me out of this reading slump. What books are must reads? It'd be awesome if a must read is in my "TBR" pile that I don't seem to know about (my  tbr pile list is posted in one of the above pages).

Any recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. You've got a great list there of TBR's. I'd read the Patricia Briggs (loved!), PC Cast, or John Green (contemporary--inside a guy's head, one of those sensitive, geeky guys I have a particular soft spot for).

    Good luck--kick the movie buff's booty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison or Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. You've got lots of great books there, but those are probably your best bet for getting you back into it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... You have a BIG TBR list :) Please excuse me if I put a book already there.
    The Gone seires by Michael Grant
    the Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman
    Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
    Lauren Oliver's books....
    Eep! I'm afraid of putting a book already there! Anyways, these are ones I really like

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.C. Cast is great.
    Never Bite a Boy On The First date by Tamara Summers is a catchy read and quite easy.
    Rachel Caine - Ghost Town is AMAZING
    I also liked Matched by Ally Condie if you can get a copy.

    If you like fun paranormal reads, try 'Skulduggery Pleasant' series by Derek Landy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No harm in going YA! If you want some quick reads (and count omnibus editions by the number of books contained within them rather than each one os a seperate book), then L J Smith's Night World series might be a good bet. That'll up your count by 9 once you get through the ones that have been released thus far.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.