Monday, February 28, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-- Books I HAD to buy but haven't read yet

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks top ten is: Top Ten Books I Just HAD to Buy...But Are Still Sitting on my shelves.

Oh yeah, I have lots of these types of books. These are in no order.

1. Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst:
It's one of those books you need to be in the mood to read. So far I've never been in the mood to read it.

2. Rich and Mad by William Nicholson:
This one was actually because of cover love. If they came out with a poster for this book cover, I'd buy it in a heart beat. The british telephone booth and the people kissing in it? Awesome!

3. Halo by Alexandra Adornetto:
This one got so much hype before it came out, and I ran out and got it the week it was released. I read the first 30 pages or so and gave up for a bit. The cover is much better than the story plot.

4. The Lost Saint by Bree Despain:
I adored the first book in this series and was all excited for the next one. Turns out that sometime between the year it took me to read the first one and to get this one, I lost interest in the characters. Oops.

5. We Hear the Dead by Dianne Salerni:
I don't know why I haven't read this one yet. Hmmm.

6. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard:
I got this one because I read You Wish and fell in love with it. Thought I would with this one as well. Turns out no, I didn't. So I'm still about 40 pages into it.

7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles:
Everytime I go to read this book, for some reason I just don't actually do it. I'm just never in the mood for it.

8. Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs:
While the Patricia Briggs books can be really good, you really have to be in the mood for them. Turns out I'm hardly in the mood for them.

9. Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney:
This is just due to a lack of time since I've bought it.

10. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink:
Ehhhhh. I don't really know what to say about this one.

6 comments:

  1. Im a new follower , Ive read 4/10 Books and have 3/10 of them on my TBR List.
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my books require that mood thing before I open them. And the mood never quite arrives.

    Here is my Top Ten: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-books-i-just-had-to-buybut-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble getting into Prophecy of the Sisters, so I can sympathize with that one. I loved Prada and Prejudice--I will admit it is a little slow at first, but it is great. Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Prophecy of the Sisters and I am not a YA fan, she took me on a visual journey, I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Prophecy of the Sisters but it's not one I own. I do own Perfect Chemistry and haven't read it yet either. I don't know why, I enjoyed Rules of Attraction.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.