Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ARC Review: Desires of the Dead

Desires of the Dead  (Body Finder #2) by Kimberly Derting
published by Harper Collins
Genre: YA paranormal
368 pages
Release date: Feb 15, 2011
What it's about:
The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.
When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.

My thoughts:
I adore this series!!! When I got this book in the mail, I was squeeling and jumping up and down for a few minutes because I was so excited. My family was looking at me like I was nuts and asked "good book?" and I could only reply with "hell yeah it is!" because I knew this book was going to be awesome, and it really was.

So it's been some time since the events in Body Finder has happened, and Violet and Jay are still trying to get over and move on from what happened. Thankfully, Derting didn't make the characters constantly remember about what happened and didn't have them dwelling on it. Derting had the characters jump right in with a new story plot.
The relationship with Jay and Violet is as strong as ever. They are one of my all time favorite literary couples. And while their relationship is a little strained, it's not overtaking the whole plot. There is a separate plot outside of their relationship. It definitely did not follow what I call the "book two rule" which is that the characters have to break up and freak out and try and make their way back to each other. I hate the book two rule and was very glad not to see it in this book.
While DOTD did have a lot of the same feel as TBF, it wasn't at all the same. Sure you were in the head of someone who was psychotic for part of the story just like in TBF, but it was a little different. Plus there are a bunch of new characters with twists of their own.

I don't know what all to say about this book without giving away too much information. This is one of my favorite series and I can't wait to read the next two books in this series!

My rating: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get this one from the Library! They're still "processing" it through their system. I'm like "hurry up I'm dying here!" Haha. Oh man I hate it when they do that silly couples break up in the second book thing too. Always so cheesy. Good to know Kimberly Derting doesn't succumb!!! Haha. Glad there are some awesome twists in this book. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.