Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review: Angelfire

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Published by Harper Collins
Genre: YA
$17.99 (US hardback)
464 pages

What it's about:
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures hunting her, killing her. But when Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness.
Ellie's role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives, and for truths that may be too frightening to remember.

My thoughts:
Sorry this review isn't going to be fantastic. I actually read this book about four months ago and some how forgot to ever write a review for it. I'm going almost completely off my notes I took while reading it.

This was a story that never fully caught my attention. It wasn't one that made me want to skip class and stay at home and read my book instead. I'd read it whenever I was in the mood to read. That however did not mean it wasn't good, I was most likely not in the mood to read it.
My favorite part of the whole story was Will. I loved how he was the dark, mysterious type, even if he was a little oasgiansdgk sometimes. How he would never really tell Ellie everything but holds in his emotions. I was pretty much screaming "Just kiss already!!!" during most of the book. There really was a connection between Ellie and Will that I really liked.
I was always a little confused about the hierarchy of the angels. None of that fully made sense to me. It was explained but not very clearly.
Over all, it was a pretty good story. It's been months since I've read it and I pretty much remember everything that happened in it and I even remembered the main characters names. That is saying something in and of itself. Is it a book I'd run out and go buy? No, probably not, but if you find it at the library or find a cheap copy or get a copy from a friend, it's worth reading.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.