Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Soul to Save


My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
published by Harlequin Teen
$9.99 (paperback)
Genre: YA
279 pages


FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend. I will not be compensated for reviewing this book.

What it's about:

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld--a consequence they can't possibly understand.

Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk.

My thoughts:
I'm so torn about this series. I like it and at the same time I don't. I think it's a cool idea and a pretty neat plot, but at the same time I feel like it is incredibly repetitive. The same problems and conversations are always happening, like they are on  cycle mode. I also felt that the main problem in this book could have easily been solved. As easy as removing contacts from your eyes.
All that being said, I do actually enjoy these books while I'm reading them. They are fun, sexy, little books that keep the reader engaged through most of the book. The romance between Nash and Kaylee is turned up in this book and has you falling in love with Nash even more. How can you not love him? He's sweet, caring, loyal, and not to mention gorgeous (anyone else picture him looking like Chace Crawford?)
While this series isn't at the top of my TBR pile, it is in there and I fully intend to keep going with this series until the end. However many books that might be.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.