Sunday, July 11, 2010

Linger


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
published by Scholastic press
$17.99 (hardback)
Genre: YA
362 pages
Release date: 7/13/2010

FTC: I received this from the publisher with the full understand that I will provide an honest review. I am not being compensated for reviewing this book.
What it's about:
The Longing.
Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay togeter. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.

The loss.

Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, emnbracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of being human.

The linger.

For Grace, Same, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces-- wolf and human -- with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?


My thoughs:
I love this series, I really, truely do. This series is more about characters and relationships than anything else. If you are looking for an action packed adventure, this is not the series for you. If you want a fabulous, complicated love story with the supernatural thrown in, this is a must read!


At the end of Shiver, we are left knowing that Sam has been cured and him and Grace can be together, even when it's cold out. Now Sam has to learn how to be human all the time. How is he going to balance out what he wants to do in his life and helping the wolves? Especially a new wolf like Cole, who is nothing but trouble.

Linger really had two different plots, one was the Sam/Grace plot and the other was the Cole/Isabelle plot. The book was pretty evenly split between the two different plots and yet it all mushes together and creates this whole seperate plot.

The new edition to this series is Cole, the messed up, ex druggie. I don't know what I think about his character. For almost the whole entire book I really disliked him. He was too angry and full of himself and it drove me crazy. It wasn't until the end of the book did my opinion of him start to change, but not by a lot. My friend who also read the book thought Cole was the best character in the book, so maybe I'm just being lame about not liking him.
Maggie's writing is so beautiful. She writes like she has a melody going through her head the whole time. It's very flowy and calm. Plus music is a big thing in this book with Sam's character. Music is always important in everything Maggie writes.
The boys in this book felt like they were whining a lot. It is understandable and didn't really bother me, but I do hope that with the next book this will stop. This is why I love the girls in the book. They are both sort of the take charge, don't worry about anything type people. I love those types of characters.
The end of this book is almost as bad as Shivers. Leaves you going WHAT? I NEED MORE! Then when you realize you have to wait a year for the next book to come out, you'll be just as upset as I am.
My rating: 10/10. I love these books!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to read Linger; I can't wait until my copy gets here. Your review makes me even more stoked; I wonder what I'll think of Cole? :)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.