Friday, July 23, 2010

For Keeps


For Keeps by Natasha Friend
published by Penguin Group
$16.99 (hardback)
Genre: YA
267 pages

FTC: I borrowed this book from the library. I will not be compensated for reviewing this book

What it's about:
For sixteen years, Josie Gardner and her mom, Kate, have been a team. It's the Gardner girls against the world, and that's how Josie likes it. Until one day, in the ped food aisle of Shop--Co, they run into the parents of Paul Tucci, Kate's high school boyfriend-and the father Josie has never met. If Mr. and Mrs. Tucci are back in town, it's only a matter of time until Paul shows up.

Suddenly Josie's mature, capable mother regresses to the heartbroken teenager she was when Paul moved away. Meanwhile, Josie's on the verge of having her first real boyfriend, while her free-loving best friend, Liv, begins yet another no-strings-attached fling.

When Josie learns some surprising truths about Paul Tucci, she finds herself questioning what she's always believed about her parents--and herself.

In For Keeps Natasha Friend tells a fresh, funny, smart story about what happens when a girl gets the guy she always wanted adn the dad she never knew she needed.


My thoughts:
I picked this book up at the library and started reading it even though the girl on the cover reminds me of Miley Cyrus and it's not the typical type of book I normally go for. By the end of the first 5 or 6 pages I was already hooked. I ended up walking out of the library with the book already half way finished. I just couldn't put it down.

The best part of the whole book really is the writing style. There is just something about it that dragged me in and captivated me. The story plot itself isn't all that interesting and there really isn't a whole lot going on in the story besides a girl freaking out about her father, but this book was great! The characters were all so funny and interesting. My favorite being Liv. She's the down-to-earth, crazy, I don't give a crap what anyone thinks, signature dance move is the flight attendant type of person. Between her and the mother, they are what makes the book so great.

For Keeps really is a great book because of the way it was written and for the fantastic characters. Plus the authors last name is Friend, how awesome is that???


My rating: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. I just got this one from the library as well a few days ago. Really liking it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. I do like the cover. It looks romantic, something I'd pick up. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.