Saturday, July 10, 2010

Book of the Week (3)


Book of the Week (3)
This is a weekly post I'm doing in order to give more attention to books I think deserve it.
Storm Born by Richelle Mead
published by Kensington publishing
genre: Adult paranormal romance
$6.99 (paperback)
361 pages
What it's about:
Eugenie Markham is a powerful shaman who does a brisk trade banishing spirits and fewy who cross into the mortal world. Mercenary, yes, but a girl's got to eat. Her most recent case, however, is enough to ruin her appetite. Hired to find a teenager who has been taken to the Otherworld, Eugenie comes face to face with a startling prophecy--one that uncovers dark secrets about her past and claims that Eugenie's first-born will threaten the future of the world as she knows it.
Now Eugenie is a hot target for every ambitious demon and Otherworldy ne'er-do-well, and the ones who don't want to knock her up want her dead. Eugenie handles a Glock as smoothly as she wields a wand, but she needs some formidable allies for a job like this. She finds them in Dorian, a seductive fairy king with a taste for bondage, and Kiyo, a gorgeous shape-shifter who redefines animal attraction. But with enemies growing bolder and time running out, Eugenie realizes that the greatest danger is yet to come, and it lies in the dark powers that are stirring to life within her...
Why?
I'm sure everyone has heard of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series and possibly her Succubus Blues series, but have you heard of this one? All of Richelle's books are fantastic, but after thinking about it for awhile, I realized this is my favorite series of hers. It's the only one that I have read twice. Unfortunately this is also the series that takes the longest for books to come out. If you like adult fiction, and like paranormal, you HAVE to read these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.