Monday, March 5, 2012

Review: A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Published by Harper Teen
Genre: YA paranormal?
$17.99 (US hardback)
390 pages

What it's about:
On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites;like fire and ice;Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.


In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.


My thoughts:
This book had me scratching my head in confusion. I really was not seeing why Skye was even slightly attracted to either Asher or Devin. Which made the whole entire book a little pointless.

Skye meets both Asher and Devin at her surprise birthday party. And then Asher and Devin promptly ruin the party by getting into a fist fight. Then of course the two gorgeous boys end up going to her school and ruining her life there. They take her away from her friends, they distract her so bad that she starts failing her classes, they are constantly toying with her emotions, and then don't forget, they tell are the ones who tell her life shattering news and completely destroy her life.

Oh yeah, I can totally see why she falls in love with the boys *eye roll.*

The book never really got my attention, not even at the twist in the end. I just wasn't buying the whole relationship that Skye has with the boys or the whole reason why the boys were there.

My rating: 6/10
I had absolutely no emotion towards this book. I didn't like it or hate it. Therefore, it's a 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.