Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End of 2010 survey

I got this survey over at The Story Siren who got it from perpetual page turner . Oh how I love to fill these things out!

1. Best Book of 2010
There is no way I could possibly answer this question. I'm reading books #117 and #118 (yes, I'm in the middle of two books right now) and I could never narrow it down. My top 21 books of this year can be found here

2. Worst Book of 2010

I'm not saying that these are the the worst books of 2010, I'm just saying that these are  books I disliked this year: The Frenzy by Francesca Lia Block, Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel, Swoon by Nina Malkin, and Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. (the links go to my reviews of the books).

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010

I'm going to have to go with Gone by Lisa McMann. I was madly in love with the first two books in this series and was really looking forward to the final one. The first two had lots of suspense and were intriguing, but Gone was just Janie freaking out about her future. It took her the whole book to realize what I thought was pretty obvious from page 1.

4. Most Surprising Book (in a good way!) in 2010

Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull!!! I know I've said this a few times, but I really didn't see that ending coming. I'm a big mystery person and can almost always guess the endings of books and movies, but Brandon had me tricked in this book. I love it when that happens.

5. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2010

The books I seem to keep throwing in everyones faces lately would be Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa, and Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. These are all books that every time I see them, I get all squeally and fan girlish.
oh! I almost forgot Hunger Games. I even made my mom read this book. haha.

6. Best Series Discovered in 2010

I'm going to go with a series that had already started before 2010 and say Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, and the Georgina Kincaide series by Richelle Mead. The last one might not count cause I read the first book, Succubus Blues last December but I read the rest of the books this year, and the series started to get really good at book 3.

7. Favorite New Authors of 2010

I'm going alphabetically from the authors first name: Andrea Cremer, Jeri Smith-Ready, Julie Kagawa, Kelly Creagh, Kiersten White, Kimberly Derting, Stacey Kade and so many more.

8. Most Hilarious Read of 2010

First book that popped into my head was Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney. I was laughing out loud on almost every single page. I ended up having to read the book in my room with no one around because people kept giving me dirty glares for laughing so much (I was in the quiet section in the school library. Oops)

9. Most Thrilling Unputdownable Book of 2010

This list would be too long if I named all those, cause really I can't name just one, or even a few. I get really into books and have a hard time putting the book down if I loved it.

10. Book You Anticipated the Most for 2010

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison, Spirit Bound & Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, Jealousy by Lili St.Crow, and Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. All of those were books that I was counting down the days till they came out and then I raced to Borders as fast as I could the second they opened the doors. (Jealousy I actually drove 45 minutes away to B&N to get it because *gasp* my Borders wouldn't have it in for a week and I had to have it that day).

11. Favorite Cover of a Book You read in 2010

Hmm I have a few that popped into my head right away but I'm going to talk about the books I haven't already mentioned in this survey. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and Fallen by Lauren Kate. Both of them are absolutely beautiful! And I would love love love love love to own the dress from the Fallen cover.

12. Most Memorable Character in 2010

I'm going with a series I started this year and has only one book out so far. I remembered her name which means I must have really liked that character (I'm HORRIBLE at remembering names) and that is Evie from Paranormalcy. She is so much fun and so quirky. She is obsessed with teen tv shows, has a mermaid for a best friend, wants to have a locker more than anything, twisted her ankle from rocking out to music in her room, and yet can still kick your ass with a pink rhinestone taser named Tasey. How cool is she?? She also used my new favorite word, "lustylicious" which made her even cooler.

13. Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010

Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder. I never thought I'd like a book that is in verse, but I adore Lisa's books. She has to think so much about every word she writes because there aren't a lot in there. It's raw emotion without having anything weigh it down. Absolutely beautiful.

14. Book that had the Greatest Impact on You in 2010

Geesh, I'm like a broken record, repeating this title all the time, but Hunger Games really stuck with me. How could it not?

15. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Finally Read

Hmmm well almost all the books I read this year were released this year or last year so I'm gonna have to go with Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I actually read this book for my Eng 218 class this last term and loved it. It's not normally a book I would have read, but being forced to read it (and write a huge paper on it) got me to love it. It is so much different than everything I normally read and the way it's written, having many different types of writing in it made it truly unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.