Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gone by Lisa McMann



Gone by Lisa McMann
Published by Simon Pulse
214 pages
$16.99 (hardback)

FTC: I bought this book and will not be compensated for reviewing it.

What it's about:
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: she has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...

My thoughts:
This is the third and final book in the Wake trilogy. I loved the first two books. They were filled full of mystery and dark things. Gone was filled full of... well Janie complaining non stop. That's all she did through the whole book.

The best part of this book is Cabel. He has to be one of my all time favorite boyfriends in a series. Cabel is loyal, thoughtful, charming, and cute. He's always there for Janie even when she is being horrible to him. He's the perfect boy next door that everyone wishes they had.

Honestly, I found this book a little useless in the series. It's whole main point was just showing how Janie is going to spend her life. Is she going to become a hermit and isolate herself or is she going to stick with Cabel, a job, and being a somewhat normal person? Doesn't sound like such a hard choice to make really.

If you've read Wake and Fade, go ahead and read this book. See how it ends and be happy for the characters. It is not something you need to read to be happy with the series though.

My rating: 7/10 because I like Cabel's character so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.