Friday, April 30, 2010

Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling


Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling
published by the Childrens High Level Group
$12.99 (hardcover)
107 pages

FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving compensation for reviewing it.

What it's about:
The tales of Beedle the Bard, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers' attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger's new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J. K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: "the Wizard and the Hopping Pot," "The Fountain of Fair Fortune," "The Warlock's Hairy Heart," "Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump," and of course, "the Tale of the Three Brothers." But not only are they the equal of fairy tales we now know and love, reading them gives new insight into the world of Harry Potter.

My thoughts:
I bought this book the day it came out and was so excited for it, yet for some reason I never got around to reading it until recently.

I love reading anything about the world of Harry Potter. These short stories were introduced in The Deathly Hallows and so I had already read one of the stories. I wanted to know what the rest were about.

While these stories weren't really anything special, it was cool to see the incite from Dumbledore's perspective. You learn a few little random facts about different characters through his commentary.

Overall, it was a short, interesting read. I'd say any hard core Harry Potter fans or fans who just aren't ready for the series to be completely end, should read this book. It only takes 40 minutes or so, depending on how slowly you read.

My rating: 10/10 for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.