Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull


Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull
published by Shadow Mountain
588 pages
$21.99 (hardcover)

FTC: I borrowed this book from my sister who did not receive it from the publisher. I will not be compensated for this review.

What it's about:
After many centuries of plotting, the Sphinx--leader of the Society of the Evening Star--is after the final artifacts needed to open the great demon prison, Zzyxx. If the legendary prison is opened, a tide of evil is certain to usurp control of the world.

In an effort to intercept the final artifacts, Kendra, Seth and the Knights of the Dawn race to strange and exotic preserves across the globe. The stakes have never been higher. The risks have never been more deadly.
In this explosive series finale, allegiances will be confirmed and secrets revealed as the forces of light and darkness collide in a desperate, climmactic battle to control the keys to the demon prison.

My thoughts:
Oh holy Dobby's sock! This book throws you right into the action from the very first page. The story plot just keeps twisting and turning in this book. Once you think you've figured out what going to happen, something new is thrown in and everything changes.

I would like to say that all the characters learn and grow in this book, but that's not really true. They've already done all their growing in the last 4 books and by now, they have developed into fantastic characters. Like how only Seth would be upset about losing a zombie hand. Where else are you going to find that kind of character? I especially like Warren's character. He has always been one of my favorite characters. He is brave even though all the bad things happen to him, he's funny, and he's loyal.

There is only one small complaint I have about this book and it's the ending. I would have liked to see things wrapped up a little more clearly. There are way too many what if's.

This is yet another fantastic book in a fantastic series. I had a hard time putting it down and highly recommend it to anyone who loved the Harry Potter series.

My rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.