Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hourglass by Claudia Gray


Hourglass by Claudia Gray
published by Harper Teen
339 pages
$16.99 (hardback)

FTC: I borrowed this book from a friend who received it from the author. I will not be compensated for reviewing this book.

What it's about:
After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school, Bianca and Lucas take refuge with Black Cross, a fanatical group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend--the vampire Balthazar--Bianca and Lucas are forced on the run again.

My thoughts:
Oh man! This is a book I have been waiting to read for almost a year now. With Stargazer being a cliffhanger, I was extremely excited for this book and had high hopes for it. Did it meet those high hopes? I would have to say for the most part, it did.

Bianca and Lucas are finally together but their relationship has never been easy and this is the hardest time for them yet. Being traped with Black Cross isn't easy for both of them and they seem to make every situation worse. Bianca can never see ahead and is always opening up her mouth and ruining everything. This is very frustrating to the point that it ruins the book a little. None of the characters really seemed to grow very much in this book. They are still seeing things the same way and are completely blinded by this.

Once again this book has a cliff hanger ending. The worst one yet actually. It leaves you dying to know what is going to happen and how in the world the characters are going to fix the problems they got themselves into. Just like in this book, the next one is sure to be frustrating and a tear jurker but you can't helped but get sucked into the world Claudia has created. This is a fantastic series and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

My rating: 8/10 just because of how stupid Bianca and Lucas can be at times.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.