Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book survey!

I really do love doing these surveys and thought I'd do another one about books.

1. What book are you reading now?
Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

2. What are your favorite books? [You can put specific books or genres or both.]
Harry Potter (series), Twilight (series), Shiver/Linger by Maggie Stievfater, The Hollows (series) by Kim Harrison, Night huntress (series) by Janienne Frost...........

3. How did you learn to read?
My mom taught me. She was always finding lots of fantastic books for me to read and had me do the summer reading program at the library.

4. What 's the funniest book you ever read?
The book I want to put on here I can not remember the name of, so I will say anything by Shel Silverstein.

5. What books have changed the way you look at the world or the way you live your life?
Skinny Bitch. You'll never look at food the same way again after reading that book.

6.What books have affirmed what you believe about life or the way you look at things?
Besides Skinny Bitch, I would have to say Marley and Me.

7. What books have you changed your mind about?
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. I tried reading it once and thought it was boring. A few months later I tried again and loved it.

8. What are some of the scariest books you've ever read?
Gone by Michael Grant. Not one that would normally be scary but I was fearful for the kids in the book.

9. About how many books do you think you have you read in your life?
Hundreds

10. About how many books do you own?
220ish

11.How many books per month do you usually borrow from the library?
0. I buy my books or borrow from friends.

12. Do you read in bed?
Favorite spot to read

13. Do you ever read while walking or driving?
Sometimes while walking but never while driving.

14. OK, let's get real. Where is the strangest place you've read a book?
Does Idaho count? That's a strange place. haha. Otherwise, I'd have to say in the tree in my backyard

15. Do you listen to audio books?
All the time

16. Has anyone ever read aloud to you or you to them? Tell us more.
My mom used to read me books all the time. Things like the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Hobbit, and the Romona books.

17. Do you read every word of a book, or skip parts that don't hold your interest?
If a book isn't holding my interest and I'm not at all curious to what happens next, I will stop reading the book. Otherwise I read every word.

18. What books do you keep intending to read but put off?
Marked by PC Cast, a few other random vampire books, and my text books. Always my textbooks.

19. How do you feel about writing in books, dog earing, etc
Never will you see a book owned by me that has writing in it or dog earing. I hate it when people do that and will chew them out if they ever do it to one of my books.

20. What were your favorite books when you were a child?
The Magic Attick series, Bailey School Kids series, The Hardy Boys, and of course Harry Potter.

21. What children's books do you most enjoy as an adult?
Harry Potter (duh), Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Fablehaven.

22. Do you ever read the ending first?
Yes. Sometimes I just can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.