Friday, April 2, 2010

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz


Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
published by Disney Hyperion
252 pages
$8.99 (paperback)


FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving compensastion for reviewing this book.

What it's about:
Some secrets shouldn't be kept...

Until three months ago, sixteen year old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary. Then a mysterious boy named Ben started junior year at her school and changed everything.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. Despite the rumors, she's inexplicably drawn to him... and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she's in danger, and that he wants to help--but can he be trusted? she knows he's hiding something...but he's not the only one with a secret.

My thoughts:
Never read a book about stalkers before you go to bed.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the characters were all very likable, even if they were not the brightest crayons in the box. There were lots of things the characters could have done to make their lives easier, but they failed to see them. The two best friends were very funny, especially when they were together.

The writing style was my favorite type. First person. Stolarz didn't try to do any fancy kind of writing, but got straight down to the point. She leaves you clues all along the book but doesn't make it completely obvious.

The book was creepy. Stalker books normally are, but this one was especially creepy. The things the stalker says and does really freaks you out.

I loved this book. It had everything in it a good book needs. The characters were all very likable and the only thing I have to complain about is the ending. It did not go the way I wanted it too.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.