Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard


Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
published by Harper Teen
286 pages
$8.99 (paperback)

FTC: This is my book and I am not receiving compensation for reviewing this book.

What it's about:
Everyone has something to hide--especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna.

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.

How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were, the naughty girls they are, and all the dirty secrets they've kept. And guess what? I'm telling. - A

My thoughts:
This book took me more than half the book to actually get into it. It wasn't the typical type of book I normally read and it was hard for me to get into it. I didn't actually really like the book until about the last 40 pages of it. Then I found myself wanting to know what happens really bad.

The four main girls are likable enough. Sure, they did/ are doing things that aren't.... all good. But that's the thing, you are still rooting for the girls. The book shows how children learn from their parents and oh boy, did these girls learn horrible things from their parents. Learning things like having affairs with students is okay or that sleeping with a cop will get you out of being arrested. I truly hated the parents in this book. They were horrible people.

I liked this book but I don't see how it is going to keep going for 8 or so books. I see why people like this series so much, but it's really not my thing. I will continue to read the series just to find out who "A" is though just because I am curious enough to stick with the series until I find that out.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.