Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review: Deadly Little Games

Deadly Little Games (Touch #3) by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Published by Hyperion
Genre: YA
$16.99 (US Hardback)
297 pages

What it's about:
High school juniors Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: they both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to see the future through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he senses a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control. Camelia's gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend.
Before either one has a chance to fully grasp their abilities, a new danger surfaces, but this time, Camelia is not the target. Adam, a familiar face from Ben's past, is drawn into a puzzle he can't solve...and his life is on the line. As the clues pile up, Camelia must decide whether to help him and risk losing Ben or do nothing and suffer the consequences. But in these games, who can be trusted?

My thoughts:
This review is going to seem like I don't like this book, but that's really not the case. It is one of those books I honestly don't know why I love it, but I do.

Camelia is such a frustrating character. She knows what she is doing is stupid, yet she keeps on doing it. Every time I read one of the Touch books, I want to scream at Camelia. Her life would be so much easier if she would talk to the people around her. In this book I was getting mad at her because she needs to hurry up and talk to her mom. Her aunts life depends on it. Then there is Ben who can't get over his past and that gets old. Yet I love his character. He is the right mix of bad boy and total sweetie. My favorite characters are the best friends, Kimmie and Wes. They are so funny and not stupid. They are the ones that are always trying to get all the other characters to do what they should. Plus, they are hilarious.

Every one of the Touch books are practically the same. Someone is being stalked. Kinda makes you wonder about the people in that town. This one was a little different cause it wasn't Camelia who was being stalked, and this one had fun little crossword puzzles to do.

I honestly can't say why I really like this series, but I really do. I was very excited when I saw my Borders released this book early and I immediately bought it and started reading.

My rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. I'm half way through Deadly Little Lies. Even though it gets a little old that Camelia is being stalked.... again, it's interesting at the same time. Can't wait to get to this one! I saw B&N released it early so I grabbed it too lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.