Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Book Boyfriend--Peeta

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme done every Wednesday and hosted by Missie from The Unread Reader. What you do is pick a boy from a book that you love and write whatever you want about him. Write what he looks like, his personality, fun facts, whatever. To spice it up, post pictures of who you think should play him in a movie, and a few quotes of his from the book. Then go to Missie's blog and post your link and hop around to the other blogs. It's loads of fun and addicting.


This week I'm going with Peeta from The Hunger Games! After doing my MBB post on Harry two weeks ago, I decided I really like doing the more popular males and explaining my love for them. And when I say "explaining" I really mean "obsessing."

About Peeta:
*Lives in District 12
*Son of a baker
*Is really good at painting
*Super sweet and innocent
*Blonde hair and blue eyes
*16 years old
*A survivor
*Has a way with words
*Has a kitten named after him (yup, that's right, my kitten's name is Peeta)

Who plays him in the movie:
At first I was upset about Josh getting the part of Peeta. While I've always enjoyed Josh's movies, I didn't see him as Peeta, but once the pictures of him as Peeta came out, I can't believe I ever doubted his casting. He'll be perfect!

HAHAHHAAH sorry, had to post this picture. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

Quotes:
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”


“You love me. Real or not real?"

I tell him, "Real.”
― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay


“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.
Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."
Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.
She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.
I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.
So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouraging-ly.
I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.
Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.
Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”


“I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”


And if you are anything like me, you've watched the HG trailer at LEAST 20 times by now and squealed so loud when you saw it on the big screen before Breaking Dawn that the people around you started laughing. Yet you know you are going to watch it yet again just because I posted it and it's just a click away. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Awe Peeta! Who doesn't love Peeta! :) Perfect choice, and I love Josh Hutcherson as him.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the movie and I agree Josh is perfect for the role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Peeta, he's one of my fave book guys. Still not 100% convinced by Josh, but I'm SO excited for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Peeta right from the start, but I don't see Josh as Peeta at all. I'm really excited about the movie and I hope that Josh can convince me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that scene where Peeta revealed his true feelings for Katness, It made my heart stop.

    And I squeeeeed too when I saw the previews on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh Peeta. Who doesn't love Peeta. I wanted Katniss to fall for him so bad and in THG when she was just acting (or thought she was) it broke my heart.

    I can't stay away from the movie trailer. It looks so amazing that I just keep watching it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Peeta! He is definitely on my book boyfriend list! I love the quotes you chose! Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-book-boyfriend-15-zsadist.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaawwwwwwwwww! Peeta! I do love that boy. and now I want to go back and read him again. :P

    Here's PiF's!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.