Saturday, November 26, 2011

Review: Never Bite A Boy On the First Date

Never Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara Summers
Published by HarperTeen
Genre: YA paranormal/humor
$5.99 (US paperback)
280 pages

What it's about:
I've got a few issues:
1. I'm a vampire now.
2. One of my classmates was found dead, with telltale fang marks.
3. I didn't do it! (Really!)
4. Nobody believes me, so...
5. I'm going to have to find the real killer. I've already got three suspects (Three very cute suspects.)
One more problem: I am seriously falling for one of them... but what if he's the killer?

My thoughts:
This book was so dang funny!

I don't think I've ever read such a sarcastic book before. I've read satires before and normally they are so cheesey I have trouble getting into them. That wasn't the case with this one. Yes it was sort of cheesey, but it was done in sort of a .... dry humor?

NBABOTFD has all the typical things that are normally seen in vampire books. They drink blood, have super human abilities, can't go out in the sun, and so on. It also has the vampire romance, mystery, and of course cute boys. Can't forget the cute boys. That is what this whole book is practically about.

Basically, this is a book that if you have $6 to spare, some free time, and want to read a short, stand alone, funny book that deals with vampires, this would be a good one to get. It was a fast read that allowed me to enjoy it without being bogged down by lots of background information or have to wait for a second one to get all the answers. When I got to the end, all my questions were answered and I was happy.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.