Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Darker Still

Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
Published by Sourcebooks
Genre: YA
$8.99 (US paperback)
320 pages

What it's about:
I was obsessed.
It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable... utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bouned together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of  Manhattan. And unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still.


My thoughts:
I feel like this book was specifically written for me. That is how much I love it. It has three things that I love in it, sign language, painting, and hott British guys. Can't get much better for me.

I was immediately sucked into this book. The book is written as Natalie's diary so it was a little different than most books I read. I liked this style of writing because it really makes you connect to Natalie and all the other characters faster because she doesn't hold back in her writing. What girl doesn't love to gush about her crush in her diary?

What I really loved about this book? The plot and story line. It was like a newer, better version of Dorian Grey. Natalie has to figure out who, why, and how did Lord Denbury get in the picture? And why did he pick Natalie to save him and can she? I also loved how the world in the painting was. How awkward and two dimensional it is.

I pretty much adored everything about this book. How it was set in the past but didn't completely feel like the past, how it was written in Diary form, and of course the beautiful Lord Denbury.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.