Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Vampire Crush

Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson
published by Harper Teen
Genre: YA
$8.99 (US paperback)
404 pages

What it's about:
Normal house, normal family, normal school. My looks are average, I don't have any superpowers, no one's showing up to tell me I'm a princess-- you get the picture. But when my junior year started, something not normal happened. There were new kids at the school... new kids with a wardrobe straight out of a 19th-century romance novel, and an inexplicable desire to stay at school until sundown.
And on top of that, James Hallowell showed up. James, who stole my sandwiches in fourth grade and teased me mercilessly through middle school. James, who now seems to have the power to make my heart race any time he comes near.
But something weird is going on. Because james rarely goes out during the day. And he seems stronger than your typical guy. And he knows the new kids, all of whom seem to be harboring some kind of deep secret...

My thoughts:
I've now read this book twice because I forgot to write a review for it after I read it for the first time. That's okay though because it gave me an excuse to read it for a second time. I loved every page of it!

The title and the cover do not do this book any justice. It makes it sound like it's going to be really cheesey but it wasn't. Well, it sort of was, but in a fantastic way. Right from the bat you know the book is going to be about vampires, so there really isn't much of a mystery there, but there is the mystery of who is the girl Vlad is looking for? What is wrong with these vampires that have randomly shown up in town? And when will Sophie and James finally become a couple????

The voice of the story was fantastic. It reminded me a lot of Paranormalcy meets Vampire Kisses. I instantly fell in love with Sophie. Her narration is hysterical to the point of I'd have to put down the book because I was laughing so hard. I was giggling throughout the whole book. Then there is her relationship with James, the boy next door. Love it! How they have this weird relationship of constantly beating each other up even though it's obvious that they love each other. And as for James? Swoon! I fell in love with his character as well. There is just something about the boy next door that is just irresistible. Expect him to show up in a My Book Boyfriend post sometime soon.

Overall, I adore this book. It's hilarious while at the same time a little mysterious but full of romantic tension. This is definitely a book a recommend to all YA readers.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.