Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is Top Ten Bookish Confessions (Anything! You dog ear, you hated a book but said you loved it, you have $500 library fines...anything goes!)
It took me a long time to come up with some bookish confessions.
1. I had to stop opening up emails from both Powells and B&N because if they offered free shipping, I could not pass up on it. They would send me an email saying "hey, free shipping on everything for today!" and even if I didn't need any books, I'd go on the site and order some. Ugh. I had to stop that.
2. I literally miss my books when I loan them out to friends. If my friends have been borrowing my books for too long, I'll start getting anxious to get them back and I'll become a huge nag, demanding them back. I'll look at my shelves all the time and think about my missing books, and of course those will be the ones I feel like rereading.
3. I have my library card number memorized. I had this memorized before I had my SSN memorized.
4. I freak out about damaged books. There can absolutely positively be no food on my pages, no dog eared flaps, no spin breaking. My sister once got hot sauce on one of my signed books and she was terrified. She emailed the author and asked the next time she'd be doing a signing cause she needed to replace my book. I laughed so hard at that.
5. One time I got a brand new book from the library, I was the first person to read it, and it somehow got water damage from sitting on my "library shelf" for two weeks. I was so freaked out that I had damaged the book that I couldn't enjoy it. I had to stop reading half way through.
6. I will buy the damaged used book that is falling apart instead of the other, in better shape, copy just so I can fix up the book. Glue it back together and fix the cover. No book should be treated that way.
These are the only ones that are coming to me right now. I'm sure I'll wake up in the middle of the night and have more to put on here, but for now this is it.