Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Book Boyfriend-- Prince Dorian


My book boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader and cohosted by My Keeper Shelf
Last week I read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass and fell madly in love with Prince Dorian. I had to keep putting the book down so I could write down my favorite quotes of his because I knew I just had to do a MBB post on him.

About Prince Dorian
*is 19 years old
*has strinkingly blue saphire eyes
*raven black hair
*seems to be cocky but he is actually very funny and a bit shy
*has a reputation as a ladies man
*Loves to read and has no desire for politics or fighting
*is a romantic at heart


Who I picture him looking like
I'm running out of tall, dark haired hotties to do for these posts. So today Dorian will be played by Brenton Thwaites


"She moaned into her pillow. 'Go away. I feel like dying.'
'No fair maiden should die alone,' he said, putting a hand on hers. 'Shall I read to you in your final moments? What story would you like?'
She snatched her hand back. 'How about the story of the idiotic prince who won't leave the assassin alone?'
'Oh! I love that story! It has such a happy ending, too-- why, the assassin was really feigning her illness in order to get the prince's attention! Who would have guessed it? Such a clever girl. And the bedroom scene is so lovely--it's worth reading through all of their ceaseless banter!'"



"However, she quickly forgot about her sickness when she saw Dorian Havilliard sitting at the table in her bedroom with crossed legs. He wore a beautiful white-and-gold jacket.
'Are you my present, or is there something in that basket at your feet?' she asked.
'If you'd like to unwrap me,' he said, lifting the large wicker basket onto the table, 'we still have an hour until the temple service.'"


“I'm not married," he said softly, "because I can't stomach the idea of marrying a woman inferior to me in mind and spirit. It would mean the death of my soul.” 
 
 
I seem to be one of the few girls that is actually on Team Dorian. That is fine by me, I'll keep the adorable, shy but still sorta cocky, book loving prince to myself. And as always, I need to give a shoutout to all those fan girls who create things like tumblrs for hott actors and fill it full of beautiful pictures. It makes these posts so much faster for me to write when I have lots of pictures to choose from ;)

7 comments:

  1. I just got Throne of Glass from Net galley I can't wait to read it now, I'm already thinking I want to unwrap Prince Dorian myself especially as he loves to read. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this I think I'm going to be team prince Dorian too! Now if I can just get my hands on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't read this book yet! I love Dorian's sense of humour! <3 <3
    Must get this soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap this guy sounds hot! I love cocky boys in books, they're just so funny. Brenton is really cute *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Throne of Glass, but I do own it. Definitely will need to read it soon because Dorian sounds adorable! Great model choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love throne of glass! I know that everyone is team Chaol but they're making a huge mistake. This blog just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dorian so much! However, Chaol... Yeah, I'm sorry Chaol.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.