Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ARC Review: Allegiance

Allegiance by Cayla Kluver
Series: Legacy #2
Published by Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA
Release date: Feb. 28, 2012

What it's about (from Goodreads):
Only I saw Narian for who he truly was: a young man with courage and an independent mind, and made to pay for what was outside his control. He couldn't help his past any more than he could help the way those intense, deep-blue eyes pierced me and held me captive.


An eighteen-year-old queen in love with the enemy as their countries pass the point of no return...

Bound to a man she cannot love, Queen Alera of Hytanica must forget Narian, the young man who holds her heart. For Narian is destined to conquer Hytanica at the behest of his master, the powerful magic-user known as the Overlord. Alera doesn't truly believe Narian will fight against Hytanica-until Cokyrian troops attack with Narian commanding the charge.

Faced with the greatest betrayal a heart can know, Alera must set aside personal feelings and lead her kingdom through its darkest time. And when all hope, will and courage seem lost, she must find strength and remember that even the blackest night must have a dawn....

My thoughts:
Since the second I finished the first book in this series, Legacy, I've been dying to get my hands on Allegiance. The end of the first book left me dying to know how Alera was going to get out of this horrible mess she was in. I had to know.

So when I saw that Allegiance was available on Netgalley, I freaked out a little. There was definitely some squealing happening while I was requesting the book, and even more when I got it. I was so happy the wait for the book was over! I could finally find out what happens in the second part!

And it did not disappoint, at all. I loved every second of the almost 500 pages I read (the ebook is apparently 490 pages while the paperback is 300?). This series sucks me in so completely. By the time I'm done with one of the books, I feel like I personally know the characters. They are all so vivid to me.

This book was so heartbreaking. Kluver is one of those authors who does not hesitate to put their characters through absolute hell and back. You never know what is going to happen, and I love that. I love when authors are not afraid to kill off characters because anything can go. I never know what is going to happen.

There is a quote in Catcher in the Rye that I think fits perfectly for this book; "What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you feel like it."
This is how Allegiance made me feel. Thanks to Facebook though, I can talk to the author and that's exactly what I did. I ran onto facebook and sent Cayla a message telling her how much I love her book. How it broke my heart but I loved every page of it.

My rating: 10/10
Can't wait for the final book in the series!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm glad you've read a book that's moved you so much. I should pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.