Saturday, January 28, 2012

On My Wish List (4)

On My Wish List is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City


Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff
Published by NAL Trade
Genre: YA paranormal
$9.99 (US paperback)
302 pages

What it's about:
Is life offering fewer and fewer options? Then join the dead.



When Annelise meets dark and seductive Ronan, he promises her a new life-if she has the courage to chance the unknown. Now, she's whisked away to a mysterious island and pitted against other female recruits to become a Watcher-girls who are partnered with vampires and assist them in their missions. To survive and become a Watcher, Annelise has to beat out every other girl, but she's determined to do so, because to fail doesn't mean dishonor-it means death.

Why?
It's like Hunger Games meets vampires. Awesome!



The Marked Son by Shea Berkley
Published by Entangled Publishing
Genre: YA
$9.99 (US paperback)
334 pages

What it's about:

Seventeen-year-old Dylan Kennedy always knew something was different about him, but until his mother abandoned him in the middle of Oregon with grandparents he's never met, he had no idea what.



When Dylan sees a girl in white in the woods behind his grandparents' farm, he knows he's seen her before...in his dreams. He's felt her fear. Heard her insistence that only he can save her world from an evil lord who uses magic and fear to feed his greed for power.


Unable to shake the unearthly pull to Kera, Dylan takes her hand. Either he's completely insane or he's about to have the adventure of his life, because where they're going is full of creatures he's only read about in horror stories. Worse, the human blood in his veins has Dylan marked for death...

Why?

This just sounds like such an Ariel book. It takes place in Oregon (yay for books set in my home state!), it has a guy as the MC (which I lovvvveeee), and plus its full of mystery and fairy tale creatures. That is definitely my kind of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.