Saturday, February 25, 2012

JK Rowling is writing a new book

JK Rowling, the woman we all know and love to death for writing Harry Potter, announced that she is writing a new book for adults.

There have been loads of pranks on the internet in which people say JK is writing a new book, so I checked around on this first before posting this. It's actually true, she is writing a new book.

"'Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series,' Rowling said in a statement.

“'The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher.'
Publisher Little, Brown and Company, part of the Hachette Book Group, acquired the rights to publish the book, whose title and publication date will be announced later this year."

To read the full article, go here.

What does everyone think it's going to be about? I'm really hoping she sticks with the paranormal genre personally. Maybe write an urban fantasy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.