Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Book Boyfriend-- Percy!

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie over at The Unread Reader. What boy from a book made you all weak in the knees this week? Write all about him. What does he look like? What are his best quotes? Who should play him in a movie? Ect.


When I haven't fallen in love with a new book boyfriend between MBB posts, I go to one of my old favorites. And because I did not find any of the boys in my books this last week particuarly swoony, I'm gonna post about one of my favorite boyfriends and go with Percy Jackson!

About Percy:
*He's a demi god. His dad is Poseidon.
*Saved Olympus multiple times
*Took a dunk in the river Styx
*In the newest books, he's like 17ish.
*Is dyslexic
*Tall and skinny with messy dark hair
*can control water
*once made out in a bubble underwater.

Who played him in the movie:
Logan Lerman played him in the movie, but the movie was so different than the books. But oh! I get to put pictures of Logan on my blog again! Yay!

“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.”


“Percy: Don't I get a kiss for luck? It's kind of a tradition, right?
Annabeth: Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then we'll see.” 

“Okay," I said. "Just a normal afternoon and two normal people."
She nodded. "And so...hypothetically, if these to people likes each other, what would it take to get the stupid guy to kiss the girl, huh?"
"Oh..." I felt like one of Apollo's sacred cows-slow, dumb, and bright red. "Um...”

 
“Afterward, I had the last laugh. I made an air bubble at the bottom of the lake. Our friends kept waiting for us to come up, but hey-when you are the son of Poseidon, you don't have to hurry. And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.”


I was having so much fun going and reading all the Percy Jackson quotes on Goodreads. I was having a hard time narrowing down my favorites, so I went with the kissy quotes and not the funny-haha quotes.

16 comments:

  1. Hi there! :)
    I do think once to make Percy as MBB, but maybe next time. I also really like him and love the series as well. Logan seems too handsome to be Percy (LOL) but ah who cares! He's Percy after all!
    Great pick for this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Percy! I love Percy and I think Logan is perfect for Percy. Nice choice. I barely remember those quotes but they are some great ones.

    Here's mine: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-book-boyfriend-31-shane-collins.html

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Percy! I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but Logan Lerman is a cutie! Great quotes especially the last one about the bubble.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews

    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-book-boyfriend-24-luc-martineau.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logan Lerman is so cute and I thought he made a good Percy Jackson. He's such a fun character and even though the first movie wasn't a hit I wish they would have made more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logan is such a cutie! He made the perfect Percy and looked so cute with Alexandra Daddario.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read the first in this series this past year and enjoyed it. I've also seen the movie which deviates from the book a lot. But I saw the movie first. I've loved Logan ever since he played in that WB series Jack and Bobby. I always knew he'd make it to the big screen eventually. Loving your pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lisa: they are making a second movie of the PJ series. It's in the works right now and the whole cast is coming back.

    @Jade: Logan was actually in movies before he did Jack and Bobby. He started doing movies when he was like...4? He was in the Patriot, What Women Want, Riding in Cars with Boys, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved him in the film, it's one of my daughters all time favourite films and I never complain about having to watch it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Logan Lerman! He is so freaking adorable! :)

    I haven't read this series yet, but of course I watched the film. It was fun but I've heard the books are much better. Thanks for the quotes. Percy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like it, like it, like it!! :) :) I should pick this book up! ;) Awesome quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read the first one in this series. I need to get on with them. Logan is sooooo cute! Is he legal yet? ;)

    BTW, One of those lovely little tag things is going around again so I tagged you. Sorry. I did try to come up with some fun questions for you. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I've been wanting to read these books ever since the movie came out but I haven't got around to it yet! I should get to them soon. Logan Lerman is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Percy Jackson! I'm behind on the new series. I still have to read The Son of Neptune but it is a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this freakin' series so much it isn't funny D: I'm re-reading "The Son of Neptune" for like the 6th time already today and Logan is indeed a hottie :] In my opinion, he was perhaps one of the only good cast in the movie :<

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL. I think it is a little bit weird to crush on Percy just because when you start reading the books, he's 10. :P But yeah Logan is some serious eye candy. I knew that the movie was NOT going to be good, but I watched it anyway just because he was in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Cialina: Percy is 12 in the first book. I don't find crushing on him any weirder than crushing on any of the Harry Potter characters. They were all really young (like Harry was 11 in the first book).

    When you think about crushing on any book boy, it's weird. Like all those people who love vampires? They are hundreds of years old, drink blood, and are dead, but yet we still love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.