Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shiver Audiobook


Shiver (audiobook) by Maggie Stievfater

10 hours, 43 minutes

9 discs

$39.95

Read by Jenna Lamia and David Ledoux

What Shiver is about:

The cold. Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf-her wolf-watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

The heat. Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace...until now.

The shiver. For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spokken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human--and Grace must fight to keep him-- even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.


My review:

I love Shiver the book. Once I was done reading it, I imediately wanted to reread it. This is why I had my local library order the audiobook for me.

Some people who read audiobooks do not change the voices for each of the characters. Both Jenna Lamia and David Ledoux do a good job of changing the voices for the characters. Ledoux is especially good at reading and adding the emotions into it. You really connect to the character Sam while he is reading it.

I have listened to audiobooks before and the person reading it was so awful it made the book suck. This is not the case with this audiobook. I still love the book just as much as I did the first time I read it.

The only problem with this audiobook is how each disc ends. It just stops in mid sentence sometimes. It needs better ending spots. Other than that, it was a perfect reading.


My rating: 10/10 of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.