Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Published by the Penguin Group
Genre: YA
$16.99 (hardcover)

FTC: I bought this book and did not receive it from the publisher

Description from the book sleeve:
Guardian Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same. The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck; a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count.
But only one victim matters...Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa--her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princessppor, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep th epromise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?
now, with everything at stake--and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend--can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

OMG! I absolutely love this series! What I love best is Rose. This is one of the only series I read that the main character is not stupid. Rose is stronge, smart, and loyal. She uses her head but yet she follows her heart as well. All the characters are fantastic really. Lissa who tries hard to make herself better and try to make life btter for everyone around her, Adrian who does the same, and of course Dimitri Belikov... what is there not to love about this guy?
This book is the 4th in the series. I cried a lot while reading it. by the time I got to page 150, I had already bawled my eyes out many times. This book is very emotional and captivating and will have you aching for Rose and Dimitri. This was a hard book to put down and has me eagerly awaiting the next book in the series, Spirit Bound.
My rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.