Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fallen by Lauren Kate


Fallen by Lauren Kate
Published by Random House
Genre: YA
$17.99 (hardcover)
FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving anything from reviewing it

Description from the book sleeve:
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at Sword & Cross boarding school in Savannah. He's the one bright spot in a a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are screwups, and security cameras watch every move.
Except Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

My review:
Fallen was entertaining enough. it reminds me of the t.v. show, Lost. It grabs your attention, asks lots of questions and answers some of the smaller questions. But in the end, it leaves you going "WHAT?!?!?!" The story ended before all my biggest questions were answered but answered enough to leave me some-what satisfied with the ending.
The characters were likable, I especially liked Penn. She's cute, quirky, and a good friend. The main character, Luce, is one of those girl characters that can be very frustrating because, well, she's stupid. She makes lots of very dumb choices and never seems to really understand what is going on around her.

Over all, it's a 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.