Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors


Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors
Published by Walker publishing company
Genre: YA
$16.99 (hardcover)


FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving compensation for this review


What it's about from the book sleeve:
When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother's funky old-world coffeehouse, she leaves him a cup of hot coffee and some snacks to tide him over. This simple act of kindness quickly turns her life upside down when the vagrant, Malcolm, claims to be an angel on break between missions and won't leave until he rewards her selflessness. Katrina is convinced that while Malcolm might be pretty adorable, he's also a little bit crazy. but whether she believes him or no, Malcolm is determined to fulfill her deepest wish for true happiness. So what happens when you lie to an angel about what you most desire?


My thoughts:
This was a can't-put-down, I'm-gonna-stay-up-all-night-reading-even-though-my-eyes-hurt type of book. Everyone who has been to high school can relate to the characters. Whether it's with Katrina about feeling the pressure of figuring out your future or with Malcolm, who doesn't feel like he belongs anywhere. The writing is unique and actually sounds like a 16 year old girl rather than an adult trying to sound like a 16 year old. There was parts that I could not stop laughing at. Malcolm is absolutely hilarious. Coffeehouse Angel has everything in it; laughter, frustration, sadness, and teen crushing. I will definitely be reading this book again sometime in the future.


My rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.