Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Sould to Take by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
Published by harlequin
Genre: YA
$9.99 (paperback)
FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving compensation for reviewing this book
Product Discription:
She doesn't see dead people, but... she senses when someone near her is about to die. And when it happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder, literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start to dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

My Thoughts:
This book was...strange. It was a unique idea and I have never read a book that dealt with the same things that this book did. I did enjoy having a different mythical creatures being the main focus rather than vampires, witches, or immortals. What started to bother me about the book was all the screaming in it. This is the main reason that I never want to see this book turned into a movie. I was starting to get pretty annoyed at Kaylee for freaking out so much and not believing when people were telling her she is not dying of a brain tumor. The only character that did not make me angry at one point is nash. Even though I was frustrated for the first half of the book, the second half made up for it. I had trouble putting it down and couldn't wait to find out who was behind the killings. I couldn't help but compare this book to Kim Harrison's Once Dead, Twice Shy. There were a few similarities in the theme of the books. My Sould to Take for the most part was very original and I plan on continuing on with the series.

My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.