Friday, January 15, 2010

Need by Carrie Jones




Need by Carrie Jones
Published by Bloomsbury
$9.99 (paperback)
Genre: YA

FTC: I bought this book and did not receive it from the publisher


Description from the book sleeve:
Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane... but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.
She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. in fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right--not human-- in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.


My Thoughts:
This was actually a pretty good book. All the characters were very likeable, even the bad guy really. I liked how Zara would name all the different phobias names and those became the chapter names. The writing was very simplistic, but it made Zara seem more like a real teenage girl. The story plot was good but moved at a slow pace. there was some points that I just wanted to scream at Zara though. She spends a good deal of this book being depressed and every time she heard a word like "death" or "still" she would have a flashback to her father's death. This became very annoying very fast. What bothered me is how fast all the characters started believing in **spoiler alert (sort of. Everyone pretty much knows the book is about pixies)** pixies and how fast everyone started trusting each other. If someone I met a few days ago told me a pixie is stalking me, I wouldn't believe them.

While I did post more cons than pros for Need, I actually did enjoy the book and already purchased the next book in the series, Captivate.
So I give it 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.