Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the spine.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
published by Harper Teen
Release date: April 15th 2011

What it's about:
Maya lives in a small medical-research town on Vancouver Island. How small? You can’t find it on the map. It has less than two-hundred people, and her school has only sixty-eight students—for every grade from kindergarten to twelve.

Now, strange things are happening in this claustrophobic town, and Maya's determined to get to the bottom of them. First, the captain of the swim team drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. A year later, mountain lions start appearing around Maya's home, and they won’t go away. Her best friend, Daniel, starts getting negative vibes from certain people and things. It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret—and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy: Her paw-print birthmark.

Why?
I read the first two chapters of this book a while ago when Harper had it posted. It was fantastic! Plus it's another part of the Darkest Powers series. I loved the first set of Darkest Powers books, now I can't wait for the new ones!

1 comment:

  1. I am dying to read this one too! I am very disappointed that it is not a Chloe story - the ending of the Reckoning left so many questions! And I LOVE Chloe and all the characters from her book. But, Kelley is an amazing writer and I am sure I will love the new group of kids too!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.