Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review: Clockwork Angel


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
published by Margaret K. McElderry
$19.99 (hardback)
Genre: Ya
479 pages

FTC: This is my book, blah blah blah, not receiving compensation for this review.

What it's about:
Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.


When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: Jem, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa.

As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.
 
My thoughts:
Cassandra Clare writes the best hott, arrogant, tortured boys ever! Everytime I open up a Cassandra Clare book, I know that there are going to be shadowhunters, hott guys, and a great plot. So far I've loved all of her books.
 
I read lots of reviews for this book before reading it, so I had very high hopes for this book. While I did not like it as much as the MI books, I still loved it. It started out really strong, slowed down a bit, but then the action picked right back up and I was hooked!
I don't want to say a whole lot about this book because I have a feeling I will talk about spoilers. So my very short review is simply this:
I loved the book! It's not as good as the MI books but it is still fantastic. The cliff hanger ending totally sucks and I'm dying to read the rest! Think I'm going to be Team Will. Plus, I <3 Magnus.
 
My rating: 10/10
 
p.s. this is the best cover CC cover by far.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, a 10 out of 10? Might really have to add this to my TBR! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.