Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: Jealousy

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
Published by Razorbill
$9.99 (paperback)
Genre: YA
316 pages

FTC: I bought this book and will not be compensated for this review.

What it's about:
The Real World is a frightening place.


Just ask sixteen-year-old orphan Dru Anderson, a tough girl who has taken on her fair share of bad guys. She's armed, dangerous, and not going down without a fight. So it's gonna take her a while to figure out who she can trust...

Just when Dru thought she was safe, everything exploded in her face. Her mom and dad are long gone, her protectors Graves and Christophe kinda want to rip each other's throats out, and a four-hundred-year-old nosferat named Sergej won't stop hunting her until his bloodthirsty army of suckers has torn her to shreds.

Dru's finally made it to the Schola Prima-the Real Deal djamphir training facility and home of the Order-and life is about to get even more Real World. There's a brand new svetocha in town-a readheaded vixen named Anna who's got the Order wrapped around her pretty little finger, and who'd rather kill Dru than share the spotlight. Turns out Dru's got something Anna wants. And his name just happens to be Christophe Reynard...

How can Dru trust the Order to protect her, when its leader wants her gone?

My thoughts:
I absolutely love this series. By about the end of the first chapter of Strange Angels, I was hooked and I've stayed hooked through 3 books so far.
 
I love the characters in these books. Dru is one of the best leading ladies in a series. She's tough, strong, a fighter, and yet she's still a girl with insecurities. She's a well rounded character. Then there's Graves. I love Graves. He's the best best friend a girl could want. I love all the were wolves in this series.
 
The writing in this book got even better as well. If you've read the other books, you might have realized that some of the things St. Crow wrote could come off sounding a little racist (even though you can tell that wasn't her intent) and the action scenes could be a little confusing. That was pretty much fixed in this book. There was only one small part where I was like "wait, what?" and had to go and reread it.
 
While this book didn't have as much action as the others, it was still great. It was a set up book for the next big plot. Now I can't wait for the next book!

Side note: If anyone was wondering, that is supposed to be Christophe on the cover. My friend asked Lili about it a few months ago when we were at one of her signings. I think the guy looks more like Graves though...
 
My rating: 9.5/10
 
Attention all people around the Portland OR Area:
Lili St. Crow will be doing a reading/signing for Jealousy at the Powells in Beaverton on the 19th at 7pm. Her signings are lots of fun, so try and come if you can!

Here is the cover for the next book in the Strange Angels series, Defiance. AHHH!!!! The Synopsis is also available, but it completely gives away what happens at the end of Jealousy, so I will not post it :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good series, i need to check it out from book one.

    great review, thanks for putting author and book on my radar =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.