Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
published by Harlequin Teen
$9.99 (paperback)
Genre: YA
359 pages

FTC: I bought this book and will not be compensated for reviewing it.

What it's about:
Half Summer faery princess, half human. Meghan has never fi in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey--ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My thoughts:
Sorry this isn't going to be much of a review. It's mostly going to be me GUSHING over how much I LOVED this book!!!!!

Everything about these books I love. I love how Kagawa added in faeries you don't hear much about, like Red Caps. I learned about them last year in Scotland and they became a big inside joke between my sister and me, so seeing them in these books always makes me giggle. Then you have other wonderful characters such as Grim. I love Grim.
And then you have Ash. I'm team Ash all the way. Beautiful, dark, mysterious, everything I love in a love interest.
This book brings even more action than the first, more danger, more love. More of everything good in a book. The end will have you begging for Feb 2011 to come fast!

My rating: 10/10!


And here is the cover for the next book in the series, The Iron Queen, which will be released sometime in Feb 2011. Isn't the cover gorgeous??? I love the pink!

4 comments:

  1. This series is so good. I adored reading The Iron King. I love the way it ended. And the cover Iron Queen is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Iron King? It is on my list of books of to get? Wait do you have a review for Iron King

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Iron Fey series is in my must read list. I didn't do justice to the Iron King in my review. it should have got a higher rating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS SERIES SO SO SO MUCH! :) The ending shocked me!!! I'm going to die waiting until February!!! I'm Team Ash too! (But only because I want Puck for myself :P)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.