Monday, April 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday-- Books I'd like to see made into a movie

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish


I feel like this topic as already been done before, but that is okay. Some of these are already either going to be turned into a movie or tv show, but I am so excited for them that I had to list them.

These are in no particular order.

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins:
I know that everyone has been talking about how much they want Anna turned into a movie, but if I had to pick, I think I'd want Lola more. I looooovvvvvveeeedddd the characters in this book. Both Lola and Cricket were so adorable and how can you forget Lola's dads? They were great. Oh plus Anna and St.Clair are still in it. Best of  both worlds.

2. Paper Towns by John Green:
I was originally going to be TFIOS but I don't trust film makers to give that book justice. I think however, that they could do justice for PT. I know that this has already sold movie rights and that John has written the first screen play for it, so why isn't it being made?!?!?!

3. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa:
This one does not need an explanation.

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth:
AHHH!!! I can not wait until this movie gets moved forward. 2015 is the last I heard about it. I can't wait to see who they pick for Four. Veronica was vague enough about his looks in the book that hopefully there won't be a huge fight over who plays him.

5. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White:
Haha Evie in the real life! That would be amazing. And Lend *sigh* oh this movie so needs to be made.

6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman:
This was such a beautiful book and with all the flashbacks it could be really cool. It would have to have a very talented director. I  could see this being more of a independent movie.

7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting:
Please oh please turn this into a movie!

8. My Unfair (/Fair) Godmother by Janette Rallison:
All of Janette's books would make fantastic made for tv movies. Like on abc family or a channel like that. They are so cute and would be really fun to see made.

9. Clarity by Kim Harrington:
If you've ever read this book, you get this.

10. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh:
This one is dark and beautiful. If they didn't over do the goth or the cheerleader, this could be a fantastic movie.

Books that are already being turned into movies that I'm way excited about:

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead:
It's going to be awesome seeing Rose in action.

The Hollows by Kim Harrison:
This is going to be a tv show and it's gonna be great. I can't wait to see the Vampiric Charms group in action. I'm also insanely nervous about this. Like practically scared about them messing it up.


10 comments:

  1. Ah what? Vampire Academy is being made into a movie? How did I not know this??? *SQUEEE!*
    I put The Iron King as well - all the fey kingdoms would make for awesome visuals.
    I'd be really interested to see how they decided to depict Lend in his water-boy true-self guise.
    basically, love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another Lola fan! I have both books on my movie list, but I would definitely be more excited to see Lola and Cricket.

    Divergent is on my list too. I had Chris Pine in my head for Four but he's probably too old so I don't think I'll get too worked up over casting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Body Finder is on my list too. Nevermore and If I Stay would be great movies. Nice list!

    My Top Ten
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-books-id-like-to-see-made-into.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divergent ahhhh for sure, I hope they follow through and do it and that they don't screw it up. And the action would be amazing in Vampire Academy and I love those books. I love your list. ANd happy Insurgent release day :)

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have TFiOS on my list; I'm not sure what I would think about a Paper Towns movie... I didn't like it that much ): But you are right, they probably won't do TFiOS justice... but I really am excited to see Van Houten come to life! I also almost put If I Stay on my list, but decided against it. :b Great post, and I'm a new follower as well!

    I would love it if you could check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paranormalcy and VA made my list too! :D Totally agree with Divergent and Lola. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would looveeee to see Lola as a movie, if only to see who they would cast as Cricket! I can't think of anyone out in the media right now that quite fits the bill for him. Though in the interest of full disclosure, I've yet to read Anna so that's not quite a contender for me haha. And I don't want The Fault in Our Stars to be a movie because I don't have faith they could do it justice -- I guess we'll see since it has been optioned! Paper Towns could be interesting, though I definitely think that hinges on the casting.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hollows is being made into a TV series??? HOW is this news to me?? Must Google to learn more... Thanks for sharing!

    Just about anything by John Green should be made into a movie... ;)

    Jenna @ Making the Grade
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with so many of your choices! I would love to see Divergent made into a movie, hopefully it'll happen before 2015!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paper Towns would make an awesome movie!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.