Thursday, April 12, 2012

JK Rowlings new book

Has everyone seen this yet? Here is the synopsis for JK Rowlings new book The Casual Vacancy.

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.
Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the town's council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?


This book sounds like it could be pretty good. It's definitely going to be for adults though. Barnes and Noble now has it for preorder for $21 (and that's after it being 40% off too. Spendy book this is going to be). It is going to be released Sept. 27, 2012.

Here is a link to the preorder: This is gonna be awesome.

3 comments:

  1. That price...yikes! What's sad is the publisher knows they can ask anything and millions of people will pay it. But $20.00 for the ebook? I hope this doesn't start a trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone is going to read this one based solely on the HP books. This is the first time I read the synopsis and it sounds like it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please buy it so I can borrow it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.