Friday, April 6, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday



Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. It is a hop in which is make your own post, answer the question, follow the featured blog, link up to the original post and make sure to visit lots of blogs!

 
Q: Have you ever bought a book BECAUSE of a bad review?

Yes. Well, I'm actually going to be getting the book from the library when it comes out but close enough. I read a review for First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky and the reviewer HATED the book. Went on a rant about how much she disliked this book. I had never heard of the book and thought it sounded good minus the bad rant that I had just read so I went onto Goodreads (by far my all time favorite website ever) and looked at the book. It has a high rating. So I added it. I'm curious now.

But I do have to admit, one time I wrote a super bad review for a book. I ranted about it and how awful it was. All the comments I got on the review was "oh, I thought this book sounded really good. I'm still gonna read it" or "I've heard nothing but bad things about this book. I'm still gonna read it though." All I could think in reply to that was "WTF? Seriously?" One bad review isn't going to put me off of a book, but lots of bad reviews and nothing but bad reviews? That means I'm gonna stay away from it. Life is too short for bad books.

If you decide to follow my blog, please leave a comment saying so and a url to your blog so I can make sure to follow back! :)

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if the book will turn out to be as bad as the reviewer says? I find reviews very subjective. I'll ignore them unless a book has all bad reviews. Then I might sit up and take notice. New follower. Here's mine: My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is indeed to short for bad books, but sometimes, I just like to read it to see if I feel the same as everybody else. So I can talk with them :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Life is too short for bad books" haha love that. :)
    New follower.
    My FF;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life's too short for bad books. True. BUT I also think that tastes differ and that it's, for me, better to judge them for myself. I wouldn't buy the books, but I'd borrow them or something, if I was interested enough. : D

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.