Monday, December 5, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-- Childhood favorites

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks top ten is my favorite childhood books! Oh this is exciting. Sadly I can't remember some of the names or the author of one of my favorite childhood books. :(

These are in no order:

1) Anything written by Shel Silverstien:
I made myself a snowball
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then last night it ran away,
But first--it wet the bed. 

How can you not love poems like that?

2. The Bailey School Kids by Debbie Dadey:
These were just so much fun. I used to own almost all of them. Then I sold them so I could go to a Britney Spears and Nsync concert. Haha.

3. Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech:
I read this one at least three times when I was younger.

4. Amy, Number Seven by Marilyn Kaye:
I remember thinking this series was the coolest thing ever. It's about clones! How weird would it be knowing that there are 11 other girls EXACTLY like you out there in the world? Crazy.

5. Just Ella by Margaret Petterson Haddix:
I think I only read this one once, but I loved it. I've always been a sucker for retold fairy tale stories.

6. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls:
The reason this is on my list is because it is one of the most memorable reads for me. My mom read this to me and my sister and by the end we were all crying so hard that we had to stop reading so we could bawl. That is a moment I don't think I'll ever forget.

7. Mrs. Pigglewiggle by Betty MacDonald:
I think my favorite story in all of these is the girl who won't bathe, so her parents let her get so dirty she has an inch of dirt covering her skin. They then plant radishes in her skin. Crazy!

8. Harry Potter by JK Rowling:
Harry Potter isn't a good read, it's a lifestyle.

There are two other books that I really want on this list but I can't think of the name or the author. It's driving me crazy. One is called something like Melony's Song about a girl and her mom who move back to her mom's childhood home and the girl meets this little boy and they spend the summer together, then she finds out he's dying of cancer. If you know this book, please comment and tell me the name! I'd love to reread this book! The other one I think has something to do with the name Henry, and it is about 4 short stories. One is of the MC's sister's wedding, one about mothers day, one about april fools day, and I don't remember the last one. It was really funny.

3 comments:

  1. When I was a classroom teacher, I read Red Fern to my classes every year. Lots and lots of tears!

    Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel Silverstein was one of my favorite authors as a kid. I loved poring over his poems and illustrations.

    And word: Harry Potter is a lifestyle ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.