Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
Series: Perfect Chemistry #2
Published by Walker and Company
Genre: YA
$9.99 (US paperback)
324 pages

What it's about:
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

My rating: 10/10!
This is the second Simone Elkeles book I've read, and I can now say she is going on my favorite authors list.

Simone is following a pattern here with this series. I'm not complaining about that at all because I loved Perfect Chemistry, but it really is a pattern, just change the names and it's practically the same thing. I would have to say that ROA is my favorite of the PC series. I really enjoyed Kiara and her family. I liked how they really were the perfect American family. Kiara was a great character who cracked me up and I love how she wasn't perfect. How she has a stutter and isn't the typical beautiful girl. Then there is Carlos who is an utter ass, yet for some reason you can't help but like him. Maybe because he is a cocky ass hole who doesn't try to hide who he is. There is something about that honesty that makes you like him.

Over all, this book is so much like Perfect Chemistry that it isn't even funny. Everything that I said in my review for PC can be said for this book as well. The Spanish  was minimal, so mostly everyone should be able to figure out what is being said.

Overall, I absolutely adored this book (and the cover. cause wowzers). If you love forbidden love books, then you should definitely read this series.

A little something extra:
Here is a song that I think fits this book perfectly! I was listening to this right after I finished reading the book and thought "damn, that is so Carlos and Kiara." Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to get into this series :( I'm just not big on the romance, I guess. But I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.