Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Book Boyfriend-- Cade

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome Missie over at The Unread Reader. Each week you post about a boy from a book that you love. Write what he's like, who'd you like to play him in a movie, quotes of his from the book, whatever you like.

This week I'm picking Cade from The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. He's adorable and I easily thought of someone I'd like to play him if this is ever turned into a movie.

About Cade:
*Drives a VW bug (old school ones. Awesome)
*Listens to Fall Out Boy (this was the real seller for me. My all time favorite band.)
*Wears skinny jeans and black knit beanies
* has black hair long enough to stick out of said beanie
*Is "cute" skinny. Aka looks good in skinny jeans
*plays the guitar and sings
*Sweetest guy ever.

Who'd I'd like to play him.

I babysit and the kids and my favorite show to watch is Big Time Rush. This means I listen to their cd all the time and have seen them in concert. Even got to hi-five one of the band members. So in other words, I see their faces all the time. When I read The Day Before and read about Cade, I immediately pictured him looking like Kendall Schmidt. Just give him black hair and wha-la, you got Cade.




And because this is a MBB post, it needs a shirtless picture

Plus the book takes place on the Oregon beach. So the picture of Kendall shirtless on the beach was needed.....
Quotes:
I don't want to say too many quotes, because 1) the book is written in verse and quotes are a little harder to understand that way and 2) because I don't want to give away spoilers. So here is the song that he sings to Amber that he also wrote:

"Blue sky,
sun on skin.
Open road,
take it in.
It's this feeling I get
that I can't seem to find
except when I let
all the worries unwind
when you're there by my side.
When you won't let me hide.

 Let's go for a ride.

Hand in hand,
feelings sincere.
All we need
we'll find right here."

Here is my little side note. If you've never read a Lisa Schroeder book, you're missing out. Buy them, get them from the library, borrow from a friend, I don't care how you get them, you just need to. They are quick, emotional books that are phenomenal.

10 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVE a guy in a beanie! So, so hot. I made my fiance buy a beanie recently coz I think they're so hot haha.
    I've never read a Schroeder, I should check her work out! Are they all in verse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet boys, black hair, music ,etc. is always an AWESOME combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love book boyfriends that wear skinny jeans and play the guitar:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ariel, I could slap myself right now because I've never read a Lisa Schroeder, or even a verse book. I don't know why but I feel like verse books wouldn't work for me. But I love to be proven wrong and I think this post did just that!

    Looks like Cade! Thank you for the shirtless picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a cute choice for Cade! I loved The Day Before!

    I like watching the show Big Time Rush...I'll admit it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Plus the book takes place on the Oregon beach. So the picture of Kendall shirtless on the beach was needed....."

    Sure. You just keep telling yourself that!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bella, yes all of Lisa's YA books are in verse and are fantastic. I never thought I'd like a verse book but I love hers.

    @Jacinda, more people should admit they love Bit Time Rush. They seem to be a guilty pleasure for a lot of people. I'll admit I love them.

    @Ruby, haha any excuse to put shirtless guys on the blog is a good excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! so cuttee <3

    & no shame, I often times watch Big Time Rush and I blame it on my younger brother :)hah

    Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm wow so cute!! You know how you get guys that are just average cute or super cute, well Cade definitely falls within the super cute range, lol. Almost dreamy cute, haha. I love how he sings, and plays guitar! And the actor definitely can see that happening :) Great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Lisa Schroeder! Adding this book to my TBR for sure!

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.