Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book of the Week--Edward Lear

Book of the week is a weekly post I do in order to give more attention to books I think deserve it.

The Complete Nonsense of Edward Lear
Genre: Nonsense Poetry
320 pages

What it's about:
This is a book filled full of Edward Lear's limericks, poems, songs, and illustrations.

Why?
Edward Lear has always been my favorite poet. Him and Shel Silverstein. I love the sing song flow of his poems and how they are absolute nonsense. Lear was the father of Nonsense. Anyone who called Queen Victoria an "absolutely marvelous duck" was a cool guy. "Owl and the Pussycat" will always be my favorite poem (I've had it memorized since I was 4) and I had to write a paper on it this last week. I've been thrown in an Edward Lear faze. Make sure to read Owl and the Pussycat, along with The Jumblees. Those are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.