Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review: Tell Me a Secret

Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala
Published by Harper Teen
Genre: YA
$16.99 (US hardback)
292 pages

What it's about:
In the five years since her bad-girl sister Xanda's death, Miranda Mathison has wondered about the secret her sister took to the grave, and what really happened the night she died. Now, just as Miranda is on the cusp of her dreams--a best friend to unlock her sister's world, a ticket to art school, and a boyfriend to fly her away from it all--Miranda has a secret all her own.
When two lines on a pregnancy test confirm her worst fears, Miranda is stripped of her former life. She must make a choice with tremendous consequences and finally face her sister's demons and her own.

My thoughts:
This was the first teen pregnancy book that I had ever read (Breaking Dawn does NOT count as a teen pregnancy book). I didn't really know how I would feel about it but I actually really liked this book.

The characters in this book made me soooooooo angry! I wanted to punch Miranda's parents in the face through the whole book. And then there was the horrible boyfriend who really deserved to be kicked in the you-know-where for being so horrible.

I felt for Miranda. The poor girl did not have a strong support system and could not get over the death of her sister. While it had been 5 years and most people would say move on, I understood her drive to know what happened and respected her for not giving up. She needed answers.

Overall, this was a pretty good book. It gripped at my heart and kept my eyes glued to the page until I was finished.

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.